Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Amazing 9th Grade Experience ♥

The first day of my ninth grade year, I walked in through the doors of my new junior high, feeling upset, excited and sad all at the same time. I'd had to leave all of my friends from my former junior high school. I was thinking that this year would be horrible, that I'd be completely miserable the whole year and never make any friends. So I searched the upstairs hall for my locker to stash my things in. Once I had my stuff in it, I walked around looking for my first class's room. When I found it, I walked in, seeing the lights on. I don't know why I did that, but sitting there at a desk across the room was a man named Kip Chandler. He was my Advisory teacher. When he heard me walk in, he turned and asked, "Can I help you?" I answered, "Are you Mr. Chandler?" He smiled and said, "Yes, I am." My friend Chelsi, who was in eighth grade and had also left West Point, was with me. Mr. Chandler asked us for our help stapling some disclosures together for his science classes. We spent until the bell rang doing this. My next few classes were things like Computer Tech, Art, Earth Systems, Algerbra, English, Geography and Seminary. That first day, I saw people that I hadn't seen since sixth grade. I was fascinated at how tall some of the boys had gotten and how gorgeous some of the girls had become. Over the next few weeks, I made some amazing friends. I met a few of my best friends in those few weeks. Tabytha, Sherri, Becka, Seth, Spencer, Sam and Alec were just a few of them. During October, I became very good friends with a boy named Matthew. I loved him to death. I went to his football games when I could and his family even invited me to go to a haunted house with them. In a way, he was the first guy I actually loved. He was the sweetest guy I'd met at the time. At the end of October, he ended up being my first kiss. After that, we didn't see much of each other. I started dating another boy, Michael. I broke up with him after a week after I found out he was cheating on me. I started dating Alec the same day I split with Mike. We dated for about two weeks. I still wonder why I decided to leave him. He was so loving. I sometimes still regret not staying with him longer. We made up eventually, but unfortunately it wasn't until the summertime. My next boyfriend ended up being an eighth grader named Tory. We dated for two months. Then I dated one of my buddies, Spencer. I broke up with him after about five days, since I prefered being his friend. My friends and I had a lot of interesting things happen to us. One thing that really makes me laugh to think about was a certain gym period where we had to do agility exercises. My friends, Tabytha, Sherri and Spencer, were doing the exercises with me. The teacher instructed us to do the army crawl. Girls went first, then we watched the boys do it. Spencer crawled about halfway across the floor and then got up and walked the rest of the way. When he got to us, he said, "There was no way I was going to do that all the way across. I felt like a mentally retarded sea turtle!!!" xD *Sigh* In April,  tragedy struck. My friend JJ, was hit and killed by the FrontRunner. The whole entire ninth grade class was affected. Most went to his funeral. The last day of school, memorable. I went and hung out with my friends for a bit. We signed yearbooks and shirts. When it was time to go home, I walked with my friend, DeAndre. My ninth grade year was certainly memorable, but I am trying to get my head out of the past and focus on tenth grade. Wish me luck! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment